What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Thanks for the replies....the gauge is reading WAY over full....and I have to run a lot to get it to just the "full" mark...and No, I dont really know or care about my mpg in the boat, just use the fuel gauge as an approximation as to how much fuel I do have...Interesting on it not being hooked up correctly...It does read, just way, way off from the other gauge...like the needle is wrapped 1/2 way around the gauge...MIght have to look into that..

You all know those drains that don't really drain all the water out of a compartment, especially the vertically mounted ones. This was the before and you see the hole the previous owner drilled to let all of the water drain out. Without the hole it would hold almost an inch of water leading to mold. 494921878_IMG_30461.thumb.JPG.4009c33c87028abba0bf9cc4e5c6468e.JPG

So I did this and will install an in-line valve to  hold the ice & cold water in the compartment, no plug needed.2090211771_IMG_30471.thumb.JPG.26ecb252b44e1ab1f5dfc49e95057f38.JPG

Sorry for the sideways pic's. Yes the boat is a little dirty but working on getting it ready for the season, washing it is the last thing on the list!

1 hour ago, Coto said:

Sorry , I run a Minn Kota.

Don't be sorry, I run a MK as well, I plan on upgrading to iPilot-link this year from ipilot.  Wish I had ordered it when I bought the boat but, did not have all the info I needed at the time.  Graph looks really nice, but I switched from Lowrance to Humminbird when I bought the new boat for linking purposes....

50 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Yup !

The last twenty , from Sweetwater to Choko , I was not shy .

5600 rpm @ 45 mph @ still 5.5 mpg !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Cant wait til the boys are a bit older (2&3 so got a few sunsets yet). Will be ready to fish and congregate with you ENP/Choko peeps. That place looks awesome in all pics I have seen. 

I'm a member on another boating website as well.  Been wanting to rewire my trailer for my Maverick.  They suggested to get LED, tinned wiring, and a junction box for the wires and bypass using the trailer to be the "ground".  Did it all this weekend, heat shrink connectors, etc.  We'll see how long it lasts.  Was about $150 in total.

4 hours ago, Fatherof4 said:

I'm a member on another boating website as well.  Been wanting to rewire my trailer for my Maverick.  They suggested to get LED, tinned wiring, and a junction box for the wires and bypass using the trailer to be the "ground".  Did it all this weekend, heat shrink connectors, etc.  We'll see how long it lasts.  Was about $150 in total.

You can use an outdoor extension cord for each side since it has 3 wires in it.

Mount your lights on the posts high enough neither them nor the connections get dunked and you should be done for awhile.