What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

On 4/2/2021 at 6:22 PM, RacerxV6 said:

got her read for Stiper fishing for tomorrow.  Low is set to be around 28-29 so it will be a chilly one....Hopefully I can send some pics of some beasts.... This lake is known for 30 to 40 lbers....

Well, the bait has not moved up into the river system.  No bait, no striper.  Only thing I saw was the Osprey chasing my greasy lizard......Tournament next Saturday. 

2 hours ago, jim33042 said:

Has anyone replaced the drain on the back main live well (comes out the back) on a 2000 ish redfisher/bayfisher with stainless?   I was thinking maybe a Gem-Lux option?

suggest you post in the Hewes forum or general forum under it's own topic...this thread is more as a "new stuff on the boat"  thread of what's been done recently...upgrades, etc.

dc

In the process of adding a port side Power Pole, which is pretty straight forward and basic. I wish I had noticed or realized Power Pole made a few revisions/updates to the spike and mount. Not a big deal, and mostly unnoticeable, but I was blessed with attention to detail and a mild case of OCD, so it bothers me more than it should. 

Among other things, I still need to wire up the lights and what not on the t-top we added in a December, and swap out amplifiers so I can power the additional speakers. Not sure what’s next besides lifting HoneyB’s shade kit idea, but I’m looking forward to extended days on the water with my wife and kid! 

BABD490E-1847-4770-B6EC-356F4D6F3465.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 7:28 AM, BradM said:

In the process of adding a port side Power Pole, which is pretty straight forward and basic. I wish I had noticed or realized Power Pole made a few revisions/updates to the spike and mount. Not a big deal, and mostly unnoticeable, but I was blessed with attention to detail and a mild case of OCD, so it bothers me more than it should. 

Among other things, I still need to wire up the lights and what not on the t-top we added in a December, and swap out amplifiers so I can power the additional speakers. Not sure what’s next besides lifting HoneyB’s shade kit idea, but I’m looking forward to extended days on the water with my wife and kid! 

BABD490E-1847-4770-B6EC-356F4D6F3465.jpeg

Just wanted to say!!!  She sure looks mean from the back.  What size Pathy!!!!  I also felt like I was looking at one of those puzzles pictures!  One of these things look different than the other.....

Fished tournament Saturday on Lake Greenwood, drove 1/2 way "30M" to the lake before I realized I forgot my key!  What do you guys do and where do you keep your key for the day you forget? Then Sunday spent 4 hours cleaning her and covering her as she won't hit the water again til the 23rd.

3 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

Just wanted to say!!!  She sure looks mean from the back.  What size Pathy!!!!  I also felt like I was looking at one of those puzzles pictures!  One of these things look different than the other.....

Thanks Racer, it's a 23 HPS that we bought new in 2018. I tinker with it more than use it, which is sad. 

HoneyB, you're pretty close to being correct. I loosened up the existing pole to level it up and re-route the hydraulic lines through one these fancy little plates, and thought about selling it since it was all undone, and getting a new pole....That would have sent the Capt. over the edge though, and I know to pick my battles! 

Check this out from Hydrillagear. It's definitely not required, but it will look a lot better going through the hull than the grommets dabbed up with black RTV. I'll send pics. when I'm done with it. 

HG2.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lap it Up said:

If you can get your hands on some cheap... Several coats of black gel coat lasts longer than shrink tubing

Great idea, and I have a couple quarts of it. I was looking around for another project, and some guys basically dyed pvc pipe prep solvent and used it to dye their pvc board. I wonder if I could get okay results doing the same to the end of the spike. I’d guess it wouldn’t be ideal for longevity...I’ll brush some gelcoat on there for sure! I was thinking it would take long for shrink wrap to look terrible. Thanks for the idea! 

• Like 1

Brad, I'm sending you my boat to tinker with.   I was really happy with it before I saw your post, but now I clearly see it needs a lot more attention.  :)

Speaking of which, I haven't been out on her in 3 weeks.   That never happens.   Gotta get this work thing to stop interfering with what's important!

• Like 2

Added a second power pole as well, spikes were different on mine, it bothered me, called power pole and explained that I didn’t like the difference and asked to purchase a new spike. They sent one for free, tried to upload a pic but keeps saying error occurred 

image.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fish5 said:

Added a second power pole as well, spikes were different on mine, it bothered me, called power pole and explained that I didn’t like the difference and asked to purchase a new spike. They sent one for free, tried to upload a pic but keeps saying error occurred 

image.jpg

The pic is there, and looks great! 

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

Brad, I'm sending you my boat to tinker with.   I was really happy with it before I saw your post, but now I clearly see it needs a lot more attention.  :)

Speaking of which, I haven't been out on her in 3 weeks.   That never happens.   Gotta get this work thing to stop interfering with what's important!

Ha! I am so far behind on boat projects....Performance punishment is real in my house. If the boat gets 2 hours of work, the Capt. gets 10 hours of work from me. I used to slip out after her and my son went to sleep, but the good Dr. said I should spend that time exercising, so I'm in the gym 5 nights a week now. And so it goes! My boat is 3 years old now and has 113 or 115 hours on it. 👎

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1