Catch of the day (pictures)

HoneyB

15 hours ago, Seacraft06 said:

She asked for a specific color rod, so I had to build it for her. Then we had to go break it in with some nice snappers! 

A35746FE-6715-42FC-A895-36FB7B902479.jpeg

4BCD42C8-73E6-4C71-B5F5-17D75F5E0100.jpeg

2C375EFE-3AF8-4E4B-B932-00E5D3F1B120.jpeg

39FDEFD5-3F09-4D9B-92B7-B7030DA1BC76.jpeg

You know, I see a lot of amazing catches on this thread, but the ones involving kids always get the standing ovations.   Its cool that this group values getting the next generation addicted to our boat and fish addictions.    

Great job Dad.   I am a few years ahead of you with my kids, and I can tell you that your investment in her will pay dividemds beyond your wildest dreams.    My oldest is now 17, and we are making that transition from parent/child relationship to one of deep friendship.    I have a few great friemds I love to fish with, but they always get second place when one of my kiddos wants to go.   

You done good, and you came back with a lot more than fish . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 11:59 AM, whichwaysup said:

You know, I see a lot of amazing catches on this thread, but the ones involving kids always get the standing ovations.   Its cool that this group values getting the next generation addicted to our boat and fish addictions.    

Great job Dad.   I am a few years ahead of you with my kids, and I can tell you that your investment in her will pay dividemds beyond your wildest dreams.    My oldest is now 17, and we are making that transition from parent/child relationship to one of deep friendship.    I have a few great friemds I love to fish with, but they always get second place when one of my kiddos wants to go.   

You done good, and you came back with a lot more than fish . . .

Thanks guys. Every chance I can get her on the boat, we are out there. I’m lucky enough to keep the boat on a lift so we are out several times a week.

When she asked for her own rod, I could not resist! Just glad she enjoys it. I try to make the fishing trips with her short and enjoyable so she will continue to want to go. 

Thank God there was no tragedy !!  Just a motor.

Scared me till I read it ! 
It’s best to learn early on that ‘the sea giveth, and the sea taketh away.’  Glad they didn’t get hurt.  
Again, I will compliment the investments you have made with your son, and the advantages he has over all his peers now. 
MM

• Like 2

A definite lesson learned.  Glad everyone is safe.   

I have owned and driven a lot of Jon boats (still have one!) and i have been thrown out of two (No fun).  Kill switch lanyard and tightening those clamps constantly will keep everyone safer.  If the engine doesn't need to come off often i recommend bolting it to the transom.  Seal with silicone and you can get it off pretty easily.      

• Like 2