What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

4 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Dropped it off at The Skiff Shop!  I'm not as "handy" as most of y'all!

LOL......that's the best thing to do :)

Saves you 10 trips to BOW here in FLL and 5 to West Marine and 2or3 to McDonalds Hardware for stainless stuff :)

but, for me, fix'n things up is part of the hobby.......

call any time Dave....the HPS is looking for a trip to the glades...

dc

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Dropped it off at The Skiff Shop!  I'm not as "handy" as most of y'all!

A little jealous - Used to love watching their IG posts before I gave it up.   Dave, I'd love to hear how the process goes.   At some point, I need to have my non-skid and console re-done, and that shop has always been on my short list.   Aside from occasional communication issues that people complain about, I've never seen anyone take issue with the quality of their work.

• Like 1

Finally made the console rod racks I’d been wanting to do for a long while. 
Since I moved my trolling motor battery to the console I lost my storage for quick but out of the way access to the tools I commonly used. I made more cutouts for those tools, and made the cup holder integrated to them as well. I haven’t permanently bolted and caulked them in yet. Just checked the fit and want to make sure there isn’t another tool I want to cut a slot for before I do the final bolt in. I’ll take any ideas for anything else that should go in that would fit.

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, searing said:

Since I moved my trolling motor battery to the console I lost my storage for quick but out of the way access to the tools I commonly used. I made more cutouts for those tools, and made the cup holder integrated to them as well. I haven’t permanently bolted and caulked them in yet. Just checked the fit and want to make sure there isn’t another tool I want to cut a slot for before I do the final bolt in. I’ll take any ideas for anything else that should go in that would fit.

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg

Love it...hey Searing, I still owe you the size of the platform...do you still want it?

dc

34 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Aside from occasional communication issues that people complain about, I've never seen anyone take issue with the quality of their work.

I recommended them to a friend of mine in Orlando who took is 20 y/o plus ACTION Craft to them for a complete rebuild....wasn't cheap, but, it's brand new, and when we spoke about new vs rebuild, it was about $30K to do a complete refurb vs $70K plus for a new comparable skiff.....he had the entire skiff reshot with gel, etc. etc. wiring...amazing work.....but, be prepared to leave the skiff there for months......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Love it...hey Searing, I still owe you the size of the platform...do you still want it?

dc

No worries, all good. Thank you. I listened to Ralph's advice regarding size and made a change. He said I'll definitely be happier with it. Maintaining hatch and trolling motor access, and leaving room to get on and off the platform is a juggling act dimensionally to also have it big enough to not need to be an acrobat to stay on top of the platform. LOL 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, searing said:

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg

does anyone know where you can find replacement rod holders for this style? i just need a couple of those white rod holders to replace some cracked ones on mine. I dont want to replace the entire thing just the white pvc rod holder

7 minutes ago, Fsu11 said:

does anyone know where you can find replacement rod holders for this style? i just need a couple of those white rod holders to replace some cracked ones on mine. I dont want to replace the entire thing just the white pvc rod holder

Boat Outfitters

7 hours ago, searing said:

No worries, all good. Thank you. I listened to Ralph's advice regarding size and made a change. He said I'll definitely be happier with it. Maintaining hatch and trolling motor access, and leaving room to get on and off the platform is a juggling act dimensionally to also have it big enough to not need to be an acrobat to stay on top of the platform. LOL 

yes, listen to Ralph...he's made a few of these....you'll love the work...I'm on my 3rd one with Ralph....one for my Pathy 22, one for MA17, and now with the HPS...I like them for setting up chunk rods....on my HPS 23, don't really pole it too much :)

dc

Today , I bleed 🩸 red .

Removed and backed up , to card , the ol Garmin , and got past the hard part , on the new HDS LIVE.

Deucer cable is pulled , and now the rest is easy peasy.

Can not believe I am actually an FMT guy now ! 🙄

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

IMG_1599.jpeg

IMG_1600.jpeg

IMG_1603.jpeg

IMG_1604.jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

• Like 3

I would 100% be ok with a partial blockage on port side , than a complete blockage , by mounting, in the pocket .

If you are searching , I just trim the motor up slightly.

All my crew , has this same setup and we get meat on the regular.

What I use the deucer for , is to locate our personal private numbers , that move a little , after storms pass .

Over 10 years of growing private numbers, I can find em . 😜

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

IMG_1610.jpeg

Upgrades to the BEAST....

1.) I like the Sea Claw Anchor - but the flukes are a bit short to fit in the anchor holder....it kept falling...so, I made quick solution with starboard...

2.) I purchased a back seat rest from a forum member last year...finally got around to getting it installed...

Here are the pics of above....

back1.thumb.jpg.03cd5b8cfb51839e5098abf6fac2b220.jpg

back2.thumb.jpg.dece185cc5bce95be46a1f2a6042f78b.jpg

anch1.thumb.jpg.48399e413ab62d2c2be302cc5c82180b.jpg

anch2.thumb.jpg.c0cf851ef6db096e76d5cd6d5dc9f317.jpg

anch3.thumb.jpg.b5ad16439c2380169ff808131062b4f9.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Completely done .

Just before the rain !!!!!!

Now to actually read the manual .

Import waypoints.

Install FMT .

Go backcountry solo camping 🏕️!

I so deserve it !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

IMG_1611.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

IMG_1613.jpeg

IMG_1614.jpeg

Make sure you follow the FMT set up instructions exactly!  Let me know if you need help.

45 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Make sure you follow the FMT set up instructions exactly!  Let me know if you need help.

I always know I can count on you my friend.

You helped me so much , after my surgery.

I watched the 1.5 hr video and printed the information.

I (think 🙏🏻) that I can do it .

Will let you know !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

image.png.0390bda5019c713acd017e6866c26711.png

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 5:11 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

I always know I can count on you my friend.

You helped me so much , after my surgery.

I watched the 1.5 hr video and printed the information.

I (think 🙏🏻) that I can do it .

Will let you know !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

image.png.0390bda5019c713acd017e6866c26711.png

FMT Charts are amazing, love mine

On 1/5/2024 at 2:50 PM, searing said:

Boat Outfitters

thank you, i dug through their website again and finally found them. ive looked forever and can never find the exact replacements that are smooth on the back without any kind of bracket.

8 minutes ago, Fsu11 said:

thank you, i dug through their website again and finally found them. ive looked forever and can never find the exact replacements that are smooth on the back without any kind of bracket.

You're welcome!  I had to buy some myself which is why I knew. :)

I finally completed the install of mine yesterday morning. I added backing plates and through bolted at each rod tube.

IMG_5472[1].JPG

IMG_5470[1].JPG