What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Flexseal is some pretty amazing stuff.  I had some on my older 17 JB.  Used it to seal a crack where the transom and bottom of the hull meet.  They used to employ a pinching method to connect and seal the two pieces over time it cracked, and I used flexseal and it held for 2 years and to my knowledge is still holding....I sold it to a buddy and he has not complained about water getting in and he knew about also...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, George Seither said:

Depends on the gauge of the boat, thin is very touchy! If a riveted boat like Outlaw said repair close to a rib you have the chance of creating as rivet leak.  If you have a piece of the gauge the boat it made of practice on that before attempting. 

Thanks George!

For the hub caps there is a brand that is similar to the  vortex caps. 

They fit real tight to the point that they are hard to put on but have a clear screw on cap. 

A Google search may find them

These are for an oil bath but will work for grease situations.  Once installed  you can simple unscrew the clear part check the grease and have access to the zirc fitting. 

Screenshot_20240207_162126_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

Getting there!  Prop got bent out of shape and needed a little cupping anyway so got her reworked.  The additional bite should help bith handling and speed. 

Also got to look at the offending bolt on the trim/tilt unit, now safely removed.  Unit is in great shape and just waiting on parts.  New o-rings in the pump motor and new bushings in all the pivot points.  Should be good for another 23 years.  

Finally, replacing the bunks on my trailer.  The old ones were beginning to break around the brackets and had a couple close calls where brackets broke loose.  

She will be riding in style this spring!

IMG_5776.jpeg

IMG_5770.jpeg

IMG_5769.jpeg

IMG_5768.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5764.jpeg

IMG_5763.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rubble said:

I’ve got carpet coming off the bunks.  Should I just re-staple or is there a better option?

My main bunks have a plastic coating.  Not sure about it frankly but been there for 23 years as far as I can tell and have done fine.  

If you decide to keep carpet, monel staples are the way to go.  Just make sure you get the right size and that your staple gun can handle them!  Ask me how I know. . . 

On 2/12/2024 at 7:57 AM, whichwaysup said:

My main bunks have a plastic coating.  Not sure about it frankly but been there for 23 years as far as I can tell and have done fine.  

If you decide to keep carpet, monel staples are the way to go.  Just make sure you get the right size and that your staple gun can handle them!  Ask me how I know. . . 

looking real good WWU, she be riding sweet now.......

• Like 1