What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

I compounded boat a couple weeks ago just bc I thought it was time. As far as wax application, literally wiped on and then using a clean microfiber rag wiped it off. No buffing required. The blue part of my boat is awlgrip paint so I use awlcare on that 

• Like 2

Added two more JL 8.8's to the 2500 (removed the 7.7s I had in the aft floor bulkhead).  Now have 1,000 watts of power (one M600/6 and one M400/4 amp) going to Two sets of 8.8's and one pair of 7.7's up front,  Sound is amazing, no need for sub.  Full-on crisp sound at speed tooResized_20200506_173908001.thumb.jpeg.cc1eee73806bf116d17e995ce906c72f.jpeg...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This technically happened this weekend. We were running hard thru some nasty chop with the heavy winds and thIs “stabilizer” that supports my trolling motor shaft in the stores position snapped off. I assume it’s replaceable, but does anyone know where to find one or exactly what it’s called? It was on a MinnKota 74lb motor. 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

This technically happened this weekend. We were running hard thru some nasty chop with the heavy winds and thIs “stabilizer” that supports my trolling motor shaft in the stores position snapped off. I assume it’s replaceable, but does anyone know where to find one or exactly what it’s called? It was on a MinnKota 74lb motor. 

image.jpg

https://motors.johnsonoutdoors.com/PartStream/Parts.aspx

15 minutes ago, mulligan said:

I technically didn’t do anything but some guy named Rocky added a little too much cup to a prop and his work was not so good. Sent it out and came back all shiny and new. 
BB57F94A-6D3C-45B0-9E66-B91B52AD43CE.thumb.jpeg.39525f7cdc565ed19c45cd69edb2260c.jpeg96815B6F-E092-4785-BB4A-9792785DA15E.thumb.jpeg.b45257266d5271b03383d32c05d78fe3.jpeg69B9D02C-4DC5-45B9-A51B-5DFB050DED34.thumb.jpeg.e8c57eb47e5ad47b18d058b179952079.jpegBD6CBC7C-5C13-4192-A437-8B18C3FF4335.thumb.jpeg.2bf1823ee579579e5e522132fb15bbd5.jpeg

bwahahahah, you know what?  It took me WAY too long to figure that one out.   I was thinking, "who the hell would put that much cup on a prop, seriously???"   

Rocky, of course!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mulligan said:

I technically didn’t do anything but some guy named Rocky added a little too much cup to a prop and his work was not so good. Sent it out and came back all shiny and new. 

LOL!  Looks good.  Have you tested it yet?  It may perform better than before...

1 hour ago, linesider 159 said:

Mulligan, who did the prop work? Need good hands to work a bravo back properly

I've had great luck with Josh out at Steve's Custom Props in Quitman, TX. Josh bought the place from Steve, and does a jam up job and is reasonable on price. I sent him a 24p FS and it came back a second and a half quicker 0-40, trim input is VERY sensitive (in a good way) and bow lift is incredible compared to stock. It also picked up 3-4 mph. up top. 

Shane, I sent it to Josh at Steve’s props. In short his “standard” Bravo work is in the mid section of the blade so that the water stays on there longer along with a little tip cup. Brad can probably give you better details on the work. I have not ran it yet to see if there was any improvements. 

6 hours ago, mulligan said:

Shane, I sent it to Josh at Steve’s props. In short his “standard” Bravo work is in the mid section of the blade so that the water stays on there longer along with a little tip cup. Brad can probably give you better details on the work. I have not ran it yet to see if there was any improvements. 

I can’t speak intelligently about his wizardry, but he “gets it” with the Bravo props and has made mine work incredibly well! I know he tweaks the rake angle, wraps the cup on around the tip of the blade and, from what I can compare, tweaks the trailing edge some, too. Others have not seen the increase I have, but I he’s done 4 props for me and they’ve all come back way better than when I sent them...Most have had less than 30 minutes on them when I shipped them to TX, so it’s not like I sent him some clapped out junk. 
Shane, I’ll send you my 24p if you want to get some numbers from it. I’m running my “summer prop” now. I know it’s way light on pitch for you, but...it’s only got about an hour on it since I got it back earlier this year. 

9 hours ago, BradM said:

I can’t speak intelligently about his wizardry, but he “gets it” with the Bravo props and has made mine work incredibly well! I know he tweaks the rake angle, wraps the cup on around the tip of the blade and, from what I can compare, tweaks the trailing edge some, too. Others have not seen the increase I have, but I he’s done 4 props for me and they’ve all come back way better than when I sent them...Most have had less than 30 minutes on them when I shipped them to TX, so it’s not like I sent him some clapped out junk. 
Shane, I’ll send you my 24p if you want to get some numbers from it. I’m running my “summer prop” now. I know it’s way light on pitch for you, but...it’s only got about an hour on it since I got it back earlier this year. 

I actually run a 23.5 bravo fs now (7k rpm rev limiter). Im going to be tied up until after next weekend but then Ill send you a message and see about running it. Appreciate it!

• Like 1

Just one tiny word of caution. I sent my bravo out to those guys as well. I asked what they thought it needed and rather than getting a explanation of what they do I was told “ all the bravos need the same thing” I still do not know what the same thing means. The same thing, was NOT what my bravo needed either. 
  My stock bravo was even through the rpm range and had the perfect lift for my hull. After getting the prop worked I hated everything about it. It took a lot of tabs to keep the boat from bouncing all the time and honestly more rpm for given speed except for right at the max rpm where the speed finally caught up with the rpm. 
 My hull is a 2200trs so it is quite diffrent from the steeped hull others are running. 
 I sold my “worked and improved” bravo to a friend that has a kew west boat. The prop works better on his hull than mine. I bought a stock 23 Bravo1FS and all is correct on my hull once again. 

Shane the one I'm running is a 23.  Give me a ring if you want to run it.

As far as a "worked" Bravo I think Josh does the most tinkering with them.  When I got mine back you could see the difference.   I had sent it out to Rich at Leading Edge before Josh.  He did more of a tune than go in there and reshape things.  I have not seen a Croxton Bravo but would guess it is  ore on the lines of Rich as Josh knew right away it was worked by Rich or Croxton.  It all depends what you are after as to who to send it to I guess.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mulligan I’ve been looking at getting a bravo 1 xs for my 05 Redfisher 21 with original Vmax HPDI 250. Found a deal on a 25p but I’m afraid it might be too much. Currently running a laser 2 23p and it doesn’t hook very well at all, I have to ease into it jumping on plane. I run about 5500 rpm at 54-55, i can over rev it to 58-59 but i gain nothing. Seen 60 once with a stiff tail wind. I’m south of you in the clearwater area.