What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

9 hours ago, Chief5130 said:

They are really proud of that.

It is true. Expensive, but for fishing deeper or stained waters, I have found it to be invaluable.

In ranked order of importance, I would put it one notch below my Ipilot TM and 1 notch above my power pole   

Sure, it shows fish, but the ability to scan the contours, ledges, and drops (and snags) is incredible.  You see crappie guys targeting fish like a video game, thats not how it works in heavy currents and saltwater.   Knowing whether the river bank drops vertically or is a gentle slope helps you figure out where to fish and how long to stay.   My trips are so much more productive and less stressful because I am not running blind.  

if you ever consider one, pm me and I can talk you through the pros and cons.  

• Like 1

After needing to cut an access hole and make a cover plate inside the console to get to the pickup tube, I decided to replace the original factory cover plate that gave access to the gas fill and vent lines to the tank. The reason I wanted to do this was to make the floor level all the way across inside the front of the console for a future duel battery install. 

9D6EED82-D393-4156-B66F-F6085B5FCFC6.jpeg

D194F5C4-DCCE-4B2C-BBD7-565C0DD4F731.jpeg

0299901D-24E9-4055-B614-9CD49914EF67.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Topped off the batteries. My boat is stored off site so I towed it home and charge them up. Yes I know I should pull them and store them on a trickle charger. Problem is it really darn tight inside the console and I am older than I was a week ago. 

If you are running the trolling motor this time of year be sure to charge up as soon as you can after the trip. J.D. Power website has a great article.  https://jdpower.com/boats/shopping-guides/how-to-make-trolling-motor-batteries-last-longer

Currituck

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Currituck said:

Topped off the batteries. My boat is stored off site so I towed it home and charge them up. Yes I know I should pull them and store them on a trickle charger. Problem is it really darn tight inside the console and I am older than I was a week ago. 

If you are running the trolling motor this time of year be sure to charge up as soon as you can after the trip. J.D. Power website has a great article.  https://jdpower.com/boats/shopping-guides/how-to-make-trolling-motor-batteries-last-longer

Currituck

Buy a small solar trickle charger....

dc

Took the 18.5MA in for engine service today.  The shop owner walks out and says “wow, that’s a beauty, I’ve got something sitting in my shop that’ll look great on her!”  Walk in and he has a beautiful used 150 four stroke Yammy sitting on a stand.  A little haggling later and it’s now going on the boat!  Going to delete the jackplate as I don’t run shallow very often.  Will post pictures next week when she’s back.

Question for the group:  The “new” motor currently has a 19P stainless prop on it.  Any recommendations on what runs best on these boats/motors?  Don’t need the fastest prop, just the best all around.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HenrysCreek said:

Took the 18.5MA in for engine service today.  The shop owner walks out and says “wow, that’s a beauty, I’ve got something sitting in my shop that’ll look great on her!”  Walk in and he has a beautiful used 150 four stroke Yammy sitting on a stand.  A little haggling later and it’s now going on the boat!  Going to delete the jackplate as I don’t run shallow very often.  Will post pictures next week when she’s back.

Question for the group:  The “new” motor currently has a 19P stainless prop on it.  Any recommendations on what runs best on these boats/motors?  Don’t need the fastest prop, just the best all around.  Thanks.

WOW!    That never happens!   Between the work you've put into her and the new(ish) engine, you practically have a new boat for about 80K less than a new boat!  ;)

As for prop - the 4S may be different, but my 150 2 S Vmax (ox66) has a 19.6 P (14.5 diameter).   It's a stilletto prop and I've been very happy with it.   I actually need a little cup on it, it blows out in turns and I can't go WOT currently (very close though).  WOT puts me at 5800-6K RPM vs. the max RPM of 5500.   Max speed is 50 currently, but before I had the prop adjusted (fins were all over the place!) I was seeing 53-54.   

• Thanks 1