What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

17 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

WWU, I purchased 2 grp27 Duracell's recently hopefully they will last at least 4 years....My house battery is an X2 grp 31 AGM which comes with a 4 year free replacement warranty....little more expensive but I think worth it.  X2 gap 31 $500.00

the pair of Duracell's went for $500.00

To my amazement, Walmart homored the warranty, and I put the refund to a 3 yr warranty battery.  Will see how the other 1 yr battery lasts. . . 

• Like 2

Not really to boat , but for boat .

I have been wanting to do this , for a minute.

Finally broke down , and bought a Roll N Lock , with the T Lock sides .

Making a rod rack , to hold our poles , so they will not be in the bed , or in the cab , anymore.

Going to have it powdercoated , Krinkle Black , and have Dek It Now custom make a 1” thick pad , to go across the top, with 1/2” deep cut outs, every 6” , so the poles do not slide 

Should hold 11 poles.

Dunno , but gonna give it a try .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2290.jpeg

IMG_2289.jpeg

IMG_2291.jpeg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

Pretty slick Ralph.  Will you use bungee for hold downs....and you will have just thick EVA across with cut outs

The Dek It Now will be 26mm thick and have a 13mm cut out , and not exactly sure how I am going to secure them , but I did order some really nice bungee cords, and think they will work fine .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smilemaker said:

Outlaw,  if you  weld rod holders on the bar you can then have a locking bar in front of the reel seat so they can't  grow  legs if left alone for a second.

I was thinking along those lines too.  Maybe a gull-wing top bar, hinged in the middle, with the notched Deck-It-Now on the underside, to clamp/hold down and secure the rods from moving or "walking".

I think all you need to do is make a top bar identical to the bottom bar and have it hinge on one side and then be able to place a lock on the other side.  Just need to make sure that the reel seat is behind the bar like smilemaker stated.

13 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Not really to boat , but for boat .

I have been wanting to do this , for a minute.

Finally broke down , and bought a Roll N Lock , with the T Lock sides .

Making a rod rack , to hold our poles , so they will not be in the bed , or in the cab , anymore.

Going to have it powdercoated , Krinkle Black , and have Dek It Now custom make a 1” thick pad , to go across the top, with 1/2” deep cut outs, every 6” , so the poles do not slide 

Should hold 11 poles.

Dunno , but gonna give it a try .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2290.jpeg

IMG_2289.jpeg

IMG_2291.jpeg

Not being as skilled as you, but having the same problem, I built something similar out of PVC.  Originally, I built it for the 900 surfboards and beach toys required to get my herd to surf contests, but discovered that it is an excellent rod rack as well.  Getting those rods put of the cab and bed makes a huge difference in your overall capacity and rod protection.  

IMG_2137.jpeg

IMG_1110.jpeg

• Like 2

I am not sure I am too worried about theft as if we did stop at EFC or Alana’s , peeps with .45’s are in the truck , if we over night we out them in our tool shed or hotel room .

It may very well , end up with a top bar , but then they just steel your reels .

If the want it , they gonna get it .

Check out this 10” thick safe we are fixing .

Nothing is safe , even a safe .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve got the Yakima Overhaul HD racks for Ladders.  Have looked into some type of rod case.  That system is designed to secure with some locks but a willing thief could make off with it regardless of the locks.   They do have some cook options for rods;  Double Haul and Top Water.  Those things are lockable and installed so that they cannot be removed with ease as they are bolted into the interior of the box (tool-less application).  They aren’t perfect but about the best thing out there at the moment.  Need some actual anngler ingenuity to put a design together and get it to market.  

IMG_0209.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my rod rack back from the powder coaters today , and it is coming to life .

Should have the 1 “ thick Dek It Now rod protectors in a couple days .

It takes a little getting used to , because it is one of a kind , but it has a distinct function.

Putting meat , 🥩 on the deck .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

IMG_2351.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2350.jpeg

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

So I got my rod rack back from the powder coaters today , and it is coming to life .

Should have the 1 “ thick Dek It Now rod protectors in a couple days .

It takes a little getting used to , because it is one of a kind , but it has a distinct function.

Putting meat , 🥩 on the deck .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

IMG_2351.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2350.jpeg

That setup is Bad Aft !

• Like 1

Not for the actual boat, but the trailer is in need of some maintenance. I ran down to Ameri-Trail yesterday and picked up some new axles with new brakes and Vortex hubs. My trailer is only 5 years old and well maintained for the most part. I went to move the boat out of the barn after an 6 month slumber and heard a squealing noise, which was caused by a caliper resting on a rotor. The caliper bracket on the hub is gone from rust and the other three aren’t far behind. I picked up some POR-15 and will dissemble the brakes and hubs and paint everything I can reach with this stuff. I also picked up some nylon washers to isolate the dissimilar metals from each other. At this point, I’m researching and considering adding sacrificial anodes to each torsion arm. People talk about the trauma from holding their dad’s flashlight when they were a kid, mine was bleeding brakes with my old man. Guess what my son gets to do this weekend 😜

IMG_4414.jpeg

• Like 4