What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

That is a Problem, It would be very easy to damage the existing wiring. Do not think I would use anything that spins, maybe something I could carefully hammer through....Guess it all depends on how much access you have.

Have you contacted the builder? They may have some insight as to a solution being that they know what's there. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jh141 said:

That is a Problem, It would be very easy to damage the existing wiring. Do not think I would use anything that spins, maybe something I could carefully hammer through....Guess it all depends on how much access you have.

Have you contacted the builder? They may have some insight as to a solution being that they know what's there. 

I have contacted the marina I purchased from and they are reaching out for me.  I agree with your response though

34 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

I have an old set of control cables that I use to get pull cord’s through boat tunnels. If you can find an old cable it may be stiff enough to bump the foam out of the chase. 

I like that idea.  I am reaching through an access hole that is about 6" in diameter I think I have enough space to bend it enough to get it in the tube...I will start looking for something like that.

New Rytek Marine bracket got here, Can finally install the Active Image 3 in 1 Transducer. The Total Scan is just not cutting it anymore. The Lowrance bracket just does not work for me, Had to modify and beef it up to hold the Total Scan.

This RyTek is just what I needed, Now to get it installed.

Rytek.jpg

Rytek 2.jpg

Rytek compare.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rubble said:

Why did you go with a different bracket?  Have a EVO3 on the Pathfinder and need to buy a 3in1 ducer.  Guessing it will come with the factory bracket.  Wondering if that isn't sufficient?  

Short Answer, For me it was not sufficient.

My 3 in 1 did come with the factory metal bracket. 

My Total Scan came with the Plastic bracket.

The Plastic bracket breaks with any stress at all, found that out with my Total Scan transducer first time I got in rough water.

Bought a Lowrance Factory Metal Bracket. Installed it.

The Metal Bracket MOVES. I could not keep it from moving. Could be because of where I chose to install it but when I drop off plane It would push down no mater how tight the Bolts were.

I had my son Beef that metal bracket up and tig weld it at the best tested angle. I can get depth readings with that  bracket and location to just over 50 mph. It worked well.

I was looking for a better solution (and save my son some time) and found RyTek Marine of Canada. Ryan the owner is a fisherman and fishes the Great Lakes. He has designed many solutions for  mounting Transducers and the such. 

His Bracket is pretty, well built and well thought out I had to have one.

If the RyTek bracket moves (I do not think it will) It will be very easy to spot weld or drill and tap a set screw.

https://rytekmarine.com/

RTL1000 Bracket.jpg

16 minutes ago, geeviam said:

Jh141, I'm assuming those are Gatorbak bunk covers you're using?  How do you like them so far?  Any rubs, marks, scratches on the gelcoat with them?

Thanks.

Those are GatorBak. I think they are the way to go. They are showing no signs of wear on the gelcoat or the GatorBaks themselves. The only marks they might leave rub right off. They got the durometer just right. The only drawback is you can not unhook the winch strap until you are backed in the water. I had to make slight adjustments in the way I launch.

The reason I got rid of the carpet was it was holding water and causing patches of small blisters where the gelcoat was contacting the carpet. The carpet was also marking the hull where the bow area first contacts the bunks when loading.

The GatorBaks solved those issues.

My GatorBak Bunks.jpg

• Thanks 1

New upholstery! Super happy with how these came out except that it makes the rest of the boat look bad!

Check out my build thread for more details on the magnet attachment system I came up with for the console backrest.

T-Top coming next.. Anyone have experience with G2 Outfitters?

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_12711.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jh141 said:

Those are GatorBak. I think they are the way to go. They are showing no signs of wear on the gelcoat or the GatorBaks themselves. The only marks they might leave rub right off. They got the durometer just right. The only drawback is you can not unhook the winch strap until you are backed in the water. I had to make slight adjustments in the way I launch.

The reason I got rid of the carpet was it was holding water and causing patches of small blisters where the gelcoat was contacting the carpet. The carpet was also marking the hull where the bow area first contacts the bunks when loading.

The GatorBaks solved those issues.

Thanks Man!  That's just what I was hoping to hear.  They will be my next trailer add-on for sure.

• Like 1