What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

On 2/11/2022 at 4:33 PM, jh141 said:

New Rytek Marine bracket got here, Can finally install the Active Image 3 in 1 Transducer. The Total Scan is just not cutting it anymore. The Lowrance bracket just does not work for me, Had to modify and beef it up to hold the Total Scan.

This RyTek is just what I needed, Now to get it installed.

Rytek.jpg

Rytek 2.jpg

Rytek compare.jpg

Please post after you install if this eliminates the "rooster tail" from Lowrance transducers.

"Please post after you install if this eliminates the "rooster tail" from Lowrance transducers"

I Will,   Maybe try and post a video.

Changing from the Total Scan that had a rounder bottom to this Active Image 3 in 1 that has more of a "V" bottom made the spray right at the transom much worse.

Closing the Gap between the transom and the transducer, I think, is key.  

This thin Carbon Fiber sheet I had sitting around made a perfect material to make this shield.

Here is a better pic of that area.

Spray Shield 3.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jh141 said:

"Please post after you install if this eliminates the "rooster tail" from Lowrance transducers"

I Will,   Maybe try and post a video.

Changing from the Total Scan that had a rounder bottom to this Active Image 3 in 1 that has more of a "V" bottom made the spray right at the transom much worse.

Closing the Gap between the transom and the transducer, I think, is key.  

This thin Carbon Fiber sheet I had sitting around made a perfect material to make this shield.

Here is a better pic of that area.

Spray Shield 3.jpg

I love this idea! Did you sandwich the carbon fiber piece between the bracket and transducer? I suppose you had to, but wanted to confirm that's what I am seeing. Do you have another angle for reference? I don't get a lot of spray off mine, but think this may have other benefits I may be interested in. 

@HoneyB

On 3/1/2022 at 10:07 AM, mdemott said:

Please post after you install if this eliminates the "rooster tail" from Lowrance transducers.

So It knocked down 90 percent. I put the Go Pro on the Power Pole spike and got some good Video. 

To get 100 percent in the location I am running the transducer I need to make it Wider in the area closest to the transom, maybe another inch.

Spray Shield.jpg

• Like 2

That’s impressive . Once you have a boat motor Combo dialed in good  , it isn’t easy finding a prop that is three MPH faster . After this performance gain it will be twice as difficult to find a prop that will get you even half the MPH gain that you achieved moving from the spite fire to the Talon .  Good work and I am sure that a lot of the members including myself appreciate you sharing your experience with us  .  

• Like 3

On 3/8/2022 at 7:06 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

Now I wish I had done the better cheese grater thing yall are doing .

I dont even use  my live wells anymore. 

If I ever made another one, I would make it out of a piece of 3/8" thick King Starboard HDPE.  Very strong, easier to work with, more forgiving than Lexan, and won't crack if you overtighten or slightly misalign the screws.

• Like 1