What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

55 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

I have a few people I use for cushions etc , if you need a contact .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

You wouldn't happen to have a canvas guy to do a cover for a center console on a 2000v would you?  Boat is in Islamorada so would prefer someone that might be able to check it out there.

2 hours ago, rubble said:

You wouldn't happen to have a canvas guy to do a cover for a center console on a 2000v would you?  Boat is in Islamorada so would prefer someone that might be able to check it out there.

Not sure about the Keys but my buddy has that boat so maybe pattern his and send it down .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

58 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Not sure about the Keys but my buddy has that boat so maybe pattern his and send it down .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Your buddy does canvas and has same boat?  That would be perfect.  I have some rough dimensions I took on the boat.  That may help verify that its the same console.  Can you message the contact info or shoot him mine?

20 hours ago, jh141 said:

So it’s a bit convoluted but goes something like this:

Vinyl: 4yds ~ $375 w/ tax & shipping; I ordered 15 or so samples from SailRite and of course the one I like is $86/yd while the average is about $20/yd so this can definitely be cheaper..

Labor / Foam / Backing / All Other Materials: $1,200; not sure what portion of this was material and what was labor

Magnets: ~$150; I bought extra magnets because I wasn’t sure how many I needed, probably could have only spent half this, magnet install was by me so no labor there

All in: ~$1,800

I got quotes from some professional shops for anywhere from 2-2.5k (based on standard priced vinyl and no magnets) but ended up going with an independent guy who was more willing to work with me on design and gave me great quality for a better price. I suspect if I had gone with one of the local shops for this it would be over $3k by the time I was said and done.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rubble said:

Do you have a T-Top? I just ordered one of these from OceanSouth for my 2400. Hasn't arrived yet but I figured for the price why not give it a try.

https://oceansouth.us/shop/ttops/ttop-covers/center-console-t-top-cover/

Took her out and tested the new front unit.  Works as expected.  Actually saw some fish.  Now, to figure out the cabe run. Need to figure out how to run the cable so that it doesn't get caught in the TM Prop or interfere I should say.  Because the Riptide has the sliding shift I can't tie wrap to the shaft.  Need to figure out some sort of ring to place on the housing to allow it to pull freely.  Also, put 10 gals in her for next weeks tourney.....

11 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

Took her out and tested the new front unit.  Works as expected.  Actually saw some fish.  Now, to figure out the cabe run. Need to figure out how to run the cable so that it doesn't get caught in the TM Prop or interfere I should say.  Because the Riptide has the sliding shift I can't tie wrap to the shaft.  Need to figure out some sort of ring to place on the housing to allow it to pull freely.  Also, put 10 gals in her for next weeks tourney.....

I have Riptide Ulterra with Minn Kota 360 ducer rigged on about the best aftermarket setup I could find. There is no clean way to run cables from the foot to the control head. If just using a standard TM Mount ducer for depth, the very best option is to switch out the foot housing and use the integrated ducer in foot so that the ducer cable is run inside the shaft. Mike at Master Repair can handle this application. Means using a black foot housing but it can be powder coated. I cannot believe Minn KOta hasn’t come up with a better way than to rig a ducer in TMs.  Lots of aftermarket work around but none seem to be clean. 

Totally 100% agree Rubble.  I just spent $250 for a TM mounting ducer and it *** that I have to have lose wire just kinda hanging and when I docker back in the locks I have to grab that wire to make sure I don't pinch it or cut it.  I have it tie wrapped as best I could to keep it clean and not in the way.  I am thinking of putting some sort of running ring on the housing of the TM so that the wire is some what clean and out of the way.  I'll send some pics later today..

29 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

Totally 100% agree Rubble.  I just spent $250 for a TM mounting ducer and it *** that I have to have lose wire just kinda hanging and when I docker back in the locks I have to grab that wire to make sure I don't pinch it or cut it.  I have it tie wrapped as best I could to keep it clean and not in the way.  I am thinking of putting some sort of running ring on the housing of the TM so that the wire is some what clean and out of the way.  I'll send some pics later today..

D5A0BABB-DE45-4068-8757-7C0E78BD67A1.thumb.jpeg.4de41659e72a99321ef9c5cce5bfcc83.jpegThis is my setup. Some crappie guys that fish Cumberland and have a fabrication shop came up with this Mount. Worked about as good as I could find but no way to Reasonably manage the wires as the unit twists and turns. I’ve seen some crazy home remedies but nothing seems to totally resolve potentially damaging the wires. 

25 minutes ago, rubble said:

D5A0BABB-DE45-4068-8757-7C0E78BD67A1.thumb.jpeg.4de41659e72a99321ef9c5cce5bfcc83.jpegThis is my setup. Some crappie guys that fish Cumberland and have a fabrication shop came up with this Mount. Worked about as good as I could find but no way to Reasonably manage the wires as the unit twists and turns. I’ve seen some crazy home remedies but nothing seems to totally resolve potentially damaging the wires. 

So does that move up and down with the head unit, and the you can also just the 360 ducer?

That might not be a bad idea. The issue is going to be at the control head if you run the cable with the coiled wire. I’ve seen some setups where a spring/wire was used there to keep some tension on the line. Where I would have an issue with a loose wire would be running thru grass and pads. Guess I could remove for that type of fishing. 

• Like 1

I’ve been meaning to replace the high speed pickup ball valve on my master angler because the old ones handle was broken off. I kept putting it off because it looked like a total pain in the ***. Ended up being not too bad but have y’all seen the prices of Apollo brass ball valves… Jesus 63 bucks for a 3/4” valve.

8 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

So does that move up and down with the head unit, and the you can also just the 360 ducer?

Yes.  That top arm/offset has a set screw in it so that the type housing the 360 shaft is fixed.  The offset at the bottom that is affixed to the steering housing has synthetic rollers in it so that the tube moves up and down freely.  There are no wires that are exposed except at the top of the tube and that is where things can get a little tricky.  That is probably the best setup I have found but it still isn’t perfect.  I guess maybe the idea setup for the 360 might be the option for the retractable transducer that looks like the Minn Kota version of Power Pole.  Not even sure if they offer that anymore.  

I want to find the best option for Live target to mount to a TM. I guess this setup might be an option by mounting to the 360 shaft if the wire could be run up in the tube but eventually there would be friction and something would catch and pull loose. Maybe if there was a separate type to run the wire up in that would freely move thru the lower roller wills.  

Received mount lock from OCMounts, installed, ready to go! Also had to drill out and tap a 5/16 hole for the quick release mount on the deck. One of the 4 bolts popped out of the thread. Since my hull is aluminum and 2 of the bolt holes are in an area that is sealed, they drilled and tapped and used 4  1/4” 3” long SS flat top screws and attached it to the deck. Replaced with a 5/16 and all is better. 

36FB5785-90CD-46BF-B933-02EBB02F22EE.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Got into a fight with my trolling motor in a tight spot and managed to ram my boat into the sharp metal corner of a dock.  Still sick to my stomach over it. Gotta find a shop here who can match that yellow.    

ugghhh. 

614FA865-8D72-4460-883B-952C66CA41FD.jpeg

6ED97457-3A3A-4998-BB70-D64837F1041B.jpeg

That stinks and good luck with the fix!

• Thanks 1