What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

4 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

That DEFINITELY counts - and you get hazardous occupation pay as well.   Had that happen to me too, man, it is NOT fun.    Did it damage your fender?

When we pull our boat it's usually long runs.  KY to AL, KY to LA, KY to FL.  We learned long ago that Tandem Axles are the only way to go.  We were coming back from Okeechobee about 8 years ago.  We stopped in TN at a fast food joint for restroom break and food.  When I walked outside the driver and his brother were glaring at their boat/trailer.  We had checked everything on the last fill up and ran about 3 hours.  There was an entire tire missing.  Didn't notice any change in pulling the boat, didn't hear a sound and didn't get any waves from other motorists.   Luckily no damage to fender or boat and Good thing we had 3 more just like it... and a spare!  

• Like 1

Everything worked out ok. There was no damage to the boat and no one got hurt.

I lost the tire south of Palm Bay. I felt a change in truck and started to move over when the tire let go. I was already slowing down and getting out of the travel lanes and I think that helped to minimize any major issues. The trailer didn’t do anything erratic and maintained a straight line.   

The back side of the fender is bent (the step and taillight survived without harm) and I should be able to get it somewhat straight. The ironic part is that I had just replaced that same fender a couple of weeks ago. At some point between when Ken Doss ordered the trailer and when I bought the boat last year someone else had a had a blowout as well. That blowout bent the fender and step. I suppose that mine was a little better than previous! I’ll take it.

I’m getting a new set of tires put on this Friday. 

36ED90B9-6011-496A-9778-0A6DCB2AC79F.jpeg

8766390A-2F77-4A92-8576-A944338ADA94.jpeg

16 hours ago, mxf255 said:

I was already slowing down and getting out of the travel lanes and I think that helped to minimize any major issues. The trailer didn’t do anything erratic and maintained a straight line.   

Glad to hear nothing bad happened....I never run faster than 65 mph...too much can go bad at high speed.

The time difference to the ramp on a 100 mile trip at 70 vs 60 mph is minimal....and your ability to control the trailer is very different in the case of an emergency.

dc

1 hour ago, HenrysCreek said:

Got the boat launched and put up onto her new home today. Just need some warm weather now to start chasing specs and drum!

826878F0-17D1-467F-90DB-843CD3C38A77.jpeg

Might just be the picture, but the front sure looks mighty close to the I beam support. Looks like it is resting on it.

Loving the easy access to the fish!!!

10 hours ago, HenrysCreek said:

It's about 1" clearance.  Too close for comfort.  I'll be adding some carpet and angling the supports inward towards the bow.

I always like that model Maverick.  

You can just move the bunks inboard a little to create some clearance.  

I too am waiting for it to warm up a little, should not be much longer.

• Thanks 1