What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

Just now, Shallowminded6 said:

Pulled the trigger finally on a powerpole. Got it installed last week and went and tested it out. Wish I wouldve done it a few years ago. Super convenient fishing with kids and going to islands. 

1AD7DFEA-B18D-49C3-B34B-3A48E52E3213.jpeg

063906B7-D661-4A92-A3B6-1BB14D2E5E4A.jpeg

Looks like you went with the blade - glad to hear you like it!   Summer time is PowerPole time around here, just now starting to use mine again.   Winter I fish too deep for it!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Looks like you went with the blade - glad to hear you like it!   Summer time is PowerPole time around here, just now starting to use mine again.   Winter I fish too deep for it!

Shallow as it is, I did it because I liked the looks better. Install wasnt near as bad as I imagined short of the panic attack from drilling through the transom. But my wife and I bolted it on with no problems. It only took about a day including the driving to 4 different stores looking for black marine grade sealant. Ordered from Hydrillagear out of Coral Springs for anyone looking. They had them in stock, at my house two days later with free shipping. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

always nice to have a good charger that you trust...

dc

Yes,  What I hear is if you don't have a NOCO, It's a NOGO !!!  I really like the high contrast display. Let's me know how they are and this charger also has a repair option.  

Updated the software on my Garmin 7600 series MFD. Hard to say what was gained, from the old to the new software, but I feel better having done it.

Finally installed the missing nut on the quick release mount for the bow trolling motor. I am sure my neighbors wondered what the heck was going on as I planked myself between the bow deck and a platform ladder to allow my hand to reach the forward most machine screw. Had to hot glue gun the washer and nut together get the washer to stay in place. Thanks Dad for the tip.

Next will be to fix the two stern flip-up seats from making all the noise they do while fishing on the platform. I am pretty sure the fish can feel the vibrations. I ordered clear stick-on bumpon strips ($9) from Amazon. Will be easier than grinding down the edges of the backrest's outer edges so they will make front to back, side to side complete contact. Pretty sure my wife would faint or physically attack me as I approached the boat with a grinder.

• Haha 2

We had previously tried two other Power Tech props…most recently an OFX3 18 pitch. The problem we’d been having was midrange porpoising. I don’t like to drive at WOT. My preference is to go 30 to 40 mph, and the boat was miserable in this range. No trim was permissible, and tabs were necessary ( this is backwards in my experience). The new OFX4 seems to be a solution. Also note that we have a jackplate, and have it dialed in to get the anti ventilation plate out of the water. Ed 

• Like 1