What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

3 minutes ago, rubble said:

I’ve given up on those coiled hoses and gone with the expandable hose.  For me they seam easier to stow.  No kinks and splits. 

What’s the smallest expandable you could find?  I don’t need 25-50’, but love my 50’er at the dock. 

I want to say it’s a short hose.  Maybe 15’  but it could be more.  I was just concerned with getting from the rear starboard hatch to the front deck of a 20’ PF.  Been so long since I used it to wash off the front deck that I’ve forgotten if it reaches or not.  Don’t think it’s 20’, tho.

9 hours ago, masterfisher said:

i put a coat of wordy wax on the mistress!! she's super sexy and cuts through the chop like buddha!!

20170822_123059.jpg

Lol,  read this as “budha “ and got a very humorous visual.  Then realized you meant Buttah!!!!  Wasn’t really thinking this dude buts through chop well, but hey, maybe he was a great swimmer   Would certainly have the flotation on his side!

AB7E5019-DBC6-45F7-A3A1-0A63A86D422B.jpeg

1 hour ago, RacerxV6 said:

What are the stains from?

Guess the seals went bad in the lower unit(from what Ive read online it is from the brushes and copper) area and there is a crack in the tube somewhere allowing the stained water to the head of the motor. Then it leaks all over the deck and stains the crap out of it. I scrubbed with orpine and spray 9 with no luck. Im sure someone here knows more and could explain that better.  

12 minutes ago, Shallowminded6 said:

Guess the seals went bad in the lower unit(from what Ive read online it is from the brushes and copper) area and there is a crack in the tube somewhere allowing the stained water to the head of the motor. Then it leaks all over the deck and stains the crap out of it. I scrubbed with orpine and spray 9 with no luck. Im sure someone here knows more and could explain that better.  

That’s from the TM????  That’s crazy!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 3:14 PM, Shallowminded6 said:

As mentioned below, Bar Keepers Friend will more than likely handle all of that. BUT, be careful to not let it sit too long, as it will pull color out of the deck, too. Meaning don't let it sit overnight or a couple of days. I usually mix it into a paste with some water and apply to the area I want cleaned. It will pull rust stains right out in an hour or less. 

Metallic stains: Bar Keepers Friend 

Organic stains: Bleach (or your favorite cleaner with bleach). I will say that for seats, Boat Bling's Vinyl Sauce, pulled stains out that bleach and about any other cleaner wouldn't touch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...