What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

• 2 weeks later...

Fishing partner noted that one of my LED trailer tail lights was out. Of course the voice in my head said "gonna have to buy a replacement" then another voice, that of my father, said "breakout the ohm meter." I do not actually hear voices. 🙂

Turns out the trailer plug was due for a cleaning. A tap on the trailer tongue yielded grime, sand and such. After a couple minutes with emory cloth and contact cleaner the LED magically lit. 

4 hours ago, Currituck said:

Fishing partner noted that one of my LED trailer tail lights was out. Of course the voice in my head said "gonna have to buy a replacement" then another voice, that of my father, said "breakout the ohm meter." I do not actually hear voices. 🙂

Turns out the trailer plug was due for a cleaning. A tap on the trailer tongue yielded grime, sand and such. After a couple minutes with emory cloth and contact cleaner the LED magically lit. 

I have also been hit with the trailer light demons.   Just completely rewired the trailer earlier this year and ran ground wires to all the lights (vs. using the trailer).   Was so happy to have that thing lit up like it should be.   A month or so ago, I started noticing the side marker lights flicker periodically.   Then they were dim when I started driving, only to brighten up as time passed.   This weekend, I noticed the right side marker was completely out.   

I suspect the issue is on the truck side of things, but man it's making me crazy!

Vintage 2200v: Replaced the aluminum seat plate mounted on the front deck.  I don't catch bass, I’m not a bass fisherman. Aluminum plate leaked and stained the deck when water touched it.  Ralph @ AIM aka “TheOutlaw” in Ft Lauderdale hooked me up with a piece of stainless steel to cover the hole and end my seat base issues.  Drove across the state and he had it ready for me in a few minutes. Thank you sir, the drive was well worth it !👍

18E0C118-8A08-4D83-AA5E-18B99787F44C.jpeg

2A694A72-C8F7-4F13-84A6-134542643305.jpeg

As I am sitting on the newly completed screened porch listening to the Barn Owls and wood peckers , tree frogs , wind and lightning.

I do feel so blessed to be able to spend so much time away from the concrete jungle.

I do work alot.

My commute is now an 1.5 hrs vs 1 mile , but worth it .

I AM BLESSED.

I love life .

Off my soap box .

Gotta watch the sunrise 🌅!

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

B44378D1-9EC0-4335-96DE-E1C43D52F61B.jpeg

9119CD60-C6F0-4DFD-9FE5-E290CC1541FA.jpeg

9887D76B-D3A6-4139-85E7-B84A6E82C769.jpeg

• Like 2