What did you do to your boat today?

HewesYourDaddy

I wish !

I am but just one spoke , on this property's wheel .

My best friend , got this property three years ago , after leaving Chocko , because, the island , was turning into a poopshow .

I have invested a few thousand hours , blood , sweat tears and labor , to assure I have a bedroom ,private ramp , and a spot for  my boat .

As I have said , life is short , and I am blessed.

Everglades City is a much better place than Parkway .

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

• Like 3

On 8/8/2022 at 7:50 PM, THE OUTLAW said:

Broke in the new seats .

Cannot believe I had not done this earlier.

Well worth it !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

632397B7-806D-4FFC-8AC5-2B20F3B48C68.jpeg

270300A3-45EC-429C-9639-46258FE32FEC.jpeg

982473A6-B242-4659-90A5-0A453DE6DA67.jpeg

15C15DD2-6B41-4939-B61F-934BBF03A542.jpeg

F0E97ACE-E0B2-4753-B704-29D26CD026DB.jpeg

8A4C3A32-14FC-4083-BCF9-46733B51BB6E.jpeg

4EAD6EE4-F384-48C1-8C26-5ADECC93EB80.jpeg

A0816280-8E78-4ECA-9EFF-8AF021EE9452.jpeg

41165272-0016-4FBF-BAE0-3A0BDC9628F2.jpeg

Hi,

I have a 2000 Bayfisher 16.  May I ask what TB model & diameter your umbrella is? Have you found it to hold up well? I'm looking to get something like that for my wife since she's more into relaxing and watching rather than fishing.:) 

Thank you, Dennis

New Livorsi Nav lights installed.

I didn't like the idea of the stainless directly against the hull trusting a good seal to only bedding it with sealant.

I decided to make a set rubber gaskets for between the light and adapter plate and another for between the adapter plate and hull.

I still used sealant during the install and through bolted with 316 SS.

Dennis

IMG_3889[1].JPG

IMG_3890[1].JPG

IMG_3891[1].JPG

IMG_3893[1].JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, searing said:

New Livorsi Nav lights installed.

I didn't like the idea of the stainless directly against the hull trusting a good seal to only bedding it with sealant.

I decided to make a set rubber gaskets for between the light and adapter plate and another for between the adapter plate and hull.

I still used sealant during the install and through bolted with 316 SS.

Dennis

IMG_3889[1].JPG

IMG_3890[1].JPG

IMG_3891[1].JPG

IMG_3893[1].JPG

nice work.....

thanks for sharing...

dc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Installed a new stereo didn’t want to rearrange/do fiberglass work on the console so went with Sony DSX-M80 to fit in original slot. Awesome stereo! Also replaced shark eye navigation lights with Marpac LED based on a recommendation from here. They look so much better and are brighter. 

Took my daughter out today for a couple hours to Lake Keowee.  Caught a nice spot and a large mouth.  "she caught the big one" During the drive home I notice the driver side trailer tire just didn't look right, almost like it was toed out.  Got home and jacked up the trailer and was able to shimmy the tire.  Hub was loose.  Tightened it up re-greased broke the vortex dust cap and ordered two new ones on Amazon....

Fitted an umbrella post to fit my console rod holder. I beefed up the mounting of the starboard rear console rod holder, and added an aluminum backing plate on the inside of the console.

The umbrella is a Tommy Bahama Wavy Marlin. I chose it because I like that the poles and ribs are aluminum appearing to be much sturdier than the typical umbrella. I searched high and low for the old 6' version that sold at Costco some years back but had no luck. If anyone has one sitting around I would be interested but this 7 footer may work out nice. 

Dennis

IMG_4142[1].JPG

IMG_4147[1].JPG

IMG_4144[1].JPG

IMG_4139[1].JPG

2 hours ago, searing said:

Fitted an umbrella post to fit my console rod holder. I beefed up the mounting of the starboard rear console rod holder, and added an aluminum backing plate on the inside of the console.

The umbrella is a Tommy Bahama Wavy Marlin. I chose it because I like that the poles and ribs are aluminum appearing to be much sturdier than the typical umbrella. I searched high and low for the old 6' version that sold at Costco some years back but had no luck. If anyone has one sitting around I would be interested but this 7 footer may work out nice. 

Dennis

IMG_4142[1].JPG

IMG_4147[1].JPG

IMG_4144[1].JPG

IMG_4139[1].JPG

I have two of those , on my boat .

Have had them for years .

Good choice !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No pics, but finally got a chance to give the boat a good cleaning this weekend.   I religiously wash and flush her after each trip, but those quick washes don't deep clean the non-skid and over time the grime has built up a bit.   I didn't realize how much until I took it out afterwards and had to wear sunglasses because the deck was so white!   Also re-applied woody's wax on the non-skid, which had worn off.   My next few trips will be slippery, but man, that stuff makes clean up so much easier!  

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 5:31 PM, George Seither said:

Replaced trolling motor battery, cleaned console, checked electrical connections, three loose on distribution breakers buss bar side, two loose on isolation switches one on house one on trolling motor. No voltage drop across isolation switches. 

FB3C10BA-17CE-4D25-BF8B-9C4B9DBA6614.jpeg

187C18F5-D06A-4B7E-849E-98A11A17FAE0.jpeg

yep, things get loose....gotta stay on top of it !!!  I do the same every few months....a loose connection and you've got a short !!!

dc

On 10/24/2022 at 2:18 PM, whichwaysup said:

No pics, but finally got a chance to give the boat a good cleaning this weekend.   I religiously wash and flush her after each trip, but those quick washes don't deep clean the non-skid and over time the grime has built up a bit.   I didn't realize how much until I took it out afterwards and had to wear sunglasses because the deck was so white!   Also re-applied woody's wax on the non-skid, which had worn off.   My next few trips will be slippery, but man, that stuff makes clean up so much easier!  

Have you tried the Starbrite deck wax? It's worked great for me so far. Blood and mud wash off with a hose. It's not slippery, but only lasts about 3-4 serious trips before it wears off. It's very easy to apply though, just spray on the deck when it's wet after cleaning the boat and let dry. Admittedly I have not tried Woody Wax, I do hear it lasts longer.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 16bayfisher said:

Have you tried the Starbrite deck wax? It's worked great for me so far. Blood and mud wash off with a hose. It's not slippery, but only lasts about 3-4 serious trips before it wears off. It's very easy to apply though, just spray on the deck when it's wet after cleaning the boat and let dry. Admittedly I have not tried Woody Wax, I do hear it lasts longer.

I have not tried it, but it sounds like the same application of woody wax - incredibly easy.   As for duration, obviously depends on usage and environmental conditions, but I swear that my last application of Woody Wax lasted a year before I started having to really scrub at stains and dirt.   It was definitely a slow, steady decline over that year, but I was really surprised at how long I could tell the difference.   In fact, it took me awhile to realize why it was taking longer and longer to get my decks clean because I'd gotten so used to it being easy for so long!   

But, definitely slick the first few trips on dewy mornings - I kept a towel on the boat and had to remind my guests to be SUPER careful.   Once the sun came up and the decks dried, it was never a problem.   After a few trips, even the wet mornings didn't require a towel.